CAN supporters have taken on a huge variety of challenges to raise money for CAN: long distance motorcycle rides, treks in Nepal, sponsored walks, running the London Marathon and 10k, holding fashion shows and publishing their own newspapers.
We greatly value all their support.
If you are planning your own fundraising event you can easily create your own fundraising page on either Virgin or JustGiving. Child Action Nepal is registered with both of these sites.
Virgin takes a smaller commission than JustGiving.
Therefore if you use Virgin, more of the money you raise will go to the children.
Other important steps when organising your event are:
- Work out a date and timetable for your event
- Set a target amount to raise
- If necessary, plan a budget
- Tell the world: tell everyone about it. Use email, texts, the internet, the intranet, … whatever it takes to spread the word
- Get more sponsors. If you want you can use our sponsorship form
- Ask your sponsors to Gift Aid their donation
- Tell us what you're up to: we will try to help you by advertising your fundraising effort on our Facebook page for example (with your permission)